This entry is not available in Español
EVIPNet takes the form of linked, but distinct country-based and regional networks. Africa, Asia and the Americas each host regional networks, which together work in 25 countries. In the countries where EVIPNet is active, additional organizations are welcome to join EVIPNet teams.
At the regional level EVIPNet is supported by the WHO regional offices and by small regional secretariats responsible for promoting regional coordination. The WHO Research Translation unit serves as the global secretariat of EVIPNet and is situated within WHO HQ in the Department of Research, Policy and Coordination
The Global Steering Group
EVIPNet also has a global steering group, which acts as a catalyst and supporter of EVIPNet as a global, regional and country level social network. A regional steering group is also present in each EVIPNet region.
The Global steering group meets regularly by teleconference to facilitate exchange between regions and to follow up, coordinate and support global level activities such as:
- fund-raising efforts
- review of methodological advancements and regional implementation plans
- agreement on the membership of the resource group and/or the inclusion of new countries proposed by the regions or independently
- follow up the development of the EVIPNet Portal and other advocacy and dissemination instruments
- coordinate the participation of EVIPNet representatives in international events
- overview and agree on EVIPNet’s strategies
The Global Steering Group is composed of the chairs of each regional steering group, (Africa, Americas, and Asia), the WHO HQ coordinator of EVIPNet and WHO research counterparts in each of the three regions.
The Global Steering Group acts as a catalyst and supporter of EVIPNet as a global, regional and country level social network that represents a learning environment, a generator of knowledge in Knowledge Translation in Low and Middle Incomes Countries, and a provider of a key service to countries.
The Global and Regional Resource Groups
EVIPNet has been fortunate to be guided by a group of leading international experts in the field of evidence-to-policy. The Global Resource Group provides strategic guidance to EVIPNet, organizes a technical review of EVIPNet proposals, and provides direct technical support to country teams where necessary.
The terms of reference for EVIPNet’s global resource group are :
- To provide technical input to the overall direction of EVIPNet
- To conduct technical reviews of country-led applications to join EVIPNet
- To participate in global and regional launches or annual meetings of EVIPNet teams (when resources allow)
- To lead capacity-building workshops for EVIPNet teams (when resources allow)
- To provide technical input to the development of country-led proposals to funders
- To act as ambassadors for EVIPNet within the global scientific community
- To provide technical input to the monitoring and evaluation of EVIPNet
- To provide support to regional resource group members as required
The terms of reference for EVIPNet’s regional resource groups are :
- To provide technical input to the direction of EVIPNet within the region
- To conduct technical reviews of country-led applications (from within the region) to join EVIPNet
- To participate in the regional launch or annual meeting of EVIPNet teams (when resources allow)
- To participate in regional capacity-building workshops for EVIPNet teams (when resources allow)
- To lead country-focused capacity-building workshops and provide on-going support for single EVIPNet teams (when resources allow)
- To provide technical input to the development of country-led proposals (from within the region) to funders
- To act as ambassadors for EVIPNet within the scientific community in the region
- To provide technical input to the monitoring and evaluation of EVIPNet within the region
To view the EVIPNet Organigram, please click on the following link: